GM Canada March 2008 Sales Results
(Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days; March 2008 had 25 selling days vs. March 2007 with 28 selling days)
OSHAWA, ONTARIO–( EMWNews – April 1, 2008) – For March 2008, General Motors of Canada dealers delivered 30,208 units representing 16.4% decrease over the same month last year.
“Despite a softer March than we would have liked, GM is holding it’s own in Canada, up 1.5% for the first quarter, driven by a strong 17.2% quarterly increase in car sales,” said Marc Comeau, GM of Canada’s vice-president of sales, service, and marketing. “What is particularly significant for us is that we are seeing quarterly gains across our broad portfolio of cars, with the fuel efficient Pontiac Wave and Chevrolet Aveo up a combined 77.6%, compact cars posted a 9.5% increase driven by the double digit gains for the Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 and mid size cars were up a full 79.6% on the strength of a 125% increase for the all-new Chevrolet Malibu.
Comeau continued, “Our Catch the Vibe launch program is creating positive buzz around the recently launched all new 2009 Pontiac Vibe.”
For more information on Catch the Vibe, go to www.catchthevibe.ca.
March and First Quarter Highlights
– Sales for the fuel efficient Chevrolet Aveo and Pontiac Wave continue to be strong, up 99% for the month and 77.6% for the quarter
– Our all-new Chevrolet Malibu continues to lead GM’s gains in the mid-car segment up 114.5% for the month and 125% for the quarter
– The Pontiac G6 posted solid gains, up 20.2% for the month and 78.2% for the quarter
– GM’s line up of compact cars had a strong quarter, up a combined 9.5% with increases from Chevrolet Cobalt (+17.6%) and Pontiac G5 (+22.8%) and Vibe (+32.8%)
– GM’s crossover utility vehicles continue to gain momentum with combined sales of the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook up 156% and driving a 47.5% increase for the segment.
GENERAL MOTORS OF CANADA SALES
MONTH OF MARCH 2008
2008 2007 % CHG
TOTAL CARS 13,939 15,305 -8.9%
TOTAL TRUCKS 16,269 20,821 -21.9%
COMBINED VEHICLES 30,208 36,126 -16.4%
CALENDAR YEAR-TO-DATE: March 31st, 2008
2008 2007 % CHG
TOTAL CARS 39,520 33,713 +17.2%
TOTAL TRUCKS 43,743 48,306 -9.4%
COMBINED VEHICLES 83,263 82,019 +1.5%
General Motors of Canada (GMCL) is engineering and manufacturing advanced environmental technologies ranging from Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and hybrid systems to E85 biofuel and fuel cell vehicles – more than any other auto company right here in Canada. Headquartered in Oshawa Ontario, GMCL employs more than 19,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures vehicles, vehicle powertrains, and markets the full range of General Motors vehicles and related services through 732 dealerships and retailers across Canada. Vehicles sold through this network include Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Hummer, Saab and Cadillac.
Major Newsire & Press Release Distribution with Basic Starting at only $19 and Complete OTCBB / Financial Distribution only $89